[mythtv-users] Peculiar VisionPlus DVB-T Tuning Problem (UK)

Mark Smith mark at chez-moi.org.uk
Sun Mar 20 10:34:10 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I am in the process of setting up a MythTV 0.17 system on FC3, with two DVB-T
cards - one VisionPlus Mini Ter and one Avermedia 771 card.

I have a peculiar problem in that the VisionPlus card can happily receive UK
mux 1 (e.g. BBC 1), but seems to be unable to get a lock on that mux when
initially starting the backend.

i.e. I can tune to, say, BBC1, come out of Myth and restart the backend - it
then fails to get a lock unless I go into mythtvsetup and change the starting
channel to a different mux. If I do that it starts fine.

Any ideas? This may be signal strength related as I have bigger problems with
that mux on the Avermedia card. However, if it can get a lock to display a
channel on mux 1, why not when starting the backend first off?

--
Mark Smith - Surrey, UK
http://www.chez-moi.org.uk/