[mythtv-users] problems starting mythtvsetup

Declan Houlihan deccy at csn.ul.ie
Sun Mar 20 01:46:05 UTC 2005

Hi, I have just installed Fedora Core 3 and mythtv via the
Fedora Myth(TV)ology instructions from here:
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php

Every time I try to load mythtvsetup the following messages
are printed:
2005-03-19 17:32:59.048 Switching to square mode (G.A.N.T.)
mythtv: could not connect to socket
mythtv: No such file or directory
lirc_init failed for mythtv, see preceding messages
2005-03-19 17:32:59.584 Joystick disabled.

mythtvsetup loads fullscreen but when if I hit
"delete my capture card settings" or
"leave my capture card settings alone"
nothing happens, it just hangs there.

I thought some packages may not have installed properly so
I reinstalled the OS and mythtv from scratch with the same result.

I've tried running mythtvsetup as both the mythtv user and as root. I
get the same result no matter what.

Has anybody got any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Declan.

--
Declan Houlihan