[mythtv-users] Getting mythtranscode to work with MP3 audio

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Mar 19 20:28:56 UTC 2005

> > Opening audio decoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3
> > MP3lib: init layer2&3 finished, tables done
> > AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, 16 bit (0x10), ratio: 24000->192000 (192.0 kbit)
> > Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm:mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)
> >
> > So, is there anyway I can use mythtv's built in transcoder or can I
> > make my recording in mp2, or will mythtranscode be updated to handle
> > mp3 files? (Or am I wrong on all this?)

Apply the 1-line debug statement mentioned in this post:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/116619?search_string=%22Only%20MP2%20audio%20is%20currently%20supported%22;#116619

Make sure you use the modified line posted by Shawn, it's more helpful
than my original version.

See if you get the same result as the user in that post.  If you do get
252 printed, you can try changing the 0xfb to 0xfc as he mentioned to
see if it works.  If it does, report back here and we can get the code
fixed up to allow both.

If anyone wants to put up a sample recording and email me the URL, I
can take a look at it with the transcoder.

--

Chris