[mythtv-users] MythWeather doesn't grab some frames in animated map

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Sat Mar 19 19:45:26 UTC 2005

I've added WeatherWantAnimated to the settings table in the database, and
I've added an entry for w3.weather.com in /etc/hosts to fix that recent
issue until the next version of MythWeather (currently using 0.17) comes
along.  One more issue that's turned up, though, is that it's having trouble
grabbing all of the images in the animated map.  It looks like it grabs five
frames, then has trouble retrieving the rest.  The map display ends up
alternating between map images and a "Map Unavailable" message.

The animated map in MythWeather 0.16 always worked without any problems.
I've not looked at the code, but by looking at the timestamps on the maps
that do come through, the last one is from just a few minutes ago.  It looks
like the sequence should start with an earlier time.  Might there be a time
calculation someplace in MythWeather that isn't taking the timezone into
account?  Is anybody else running into this problem, and where are you
located?  (I'm in Las Vegas, which is in the Pacific timezone.)

  _/_