[mythtv-users] SPDIF output works for MythMusic, but not MythTV

Joel Anderson bitjunkie at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 15:39:38 UTC 2005

> I'm a little confused...and this may be part of my problem I'm having
> with my pvr 250. I thought you didn't have to jumper the sound from the
> pvr card to your audio card? I'd tried myth before on an older box,
> but, didn't have to physically connect the cards to get sound from tv
> and music.
>
> Has this changed? Could this be why I get sound from music, but, no
> sound/only video from tv recordings or live?
>
> Also, what exactly is spdif?
>
> TIA,

You don't have to jumper anything for recording with the PVR250/350,
the issue here is with playback.  If you playback with a video card
and your sound card there shouldn't be a problem if set up correctly.
As was mentioned already in this thread, playback through the 350
means the audio does not go through your sound card, only out the
350's jacks.  So in that case jumping the 350 outs to the sound card
ins will allow the sound card to output everything as you want/need.

HTH,
--
Joel