[mythtv-users] strange problem with keypresses

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sat Mar 19 14:22:27 UTC 2005

> I just built a new frontend from Jarod's guide running fc3.  This is
> using 0.17.
>
> Everything seemed to build fine but I am having a strange issue.
>
> When I try to exit mythtv,  I choose "Yes, Exit now" and you see the
> button depress, but it never comes back up.
>
> I can click on it with the mouse and it will go away.
>
> After more testing I realize it does this on many pages.  For
> example,
> if I go to setup I cant jump between pages by hitting next with the
> enter key but I can with the mouse ( on pages where the mouse work ).
>
> I seem to be able to use the keyboard fine while watching
> shows.  Enter
> will clear/mark a position.
>
> Any thoughts on what might be causing this?
>
> Michael

I dont know what is causing it but I have the same issue. It seems to relate
to the enter key on the keyboard. Some times you can press the enter key
several times before it reacts. I find if I hold the key down it will
respond but often queues up several key presses. Using the remote via lirc
works fine only the local keyboard is affected. The problem seems to show up
mainly when entering the recorded programs screen.

Bill