[mythtv-users] Question about BT8x8 digital TV cards

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 13:42:30 UTC 2005

With my sempron 2400, I use about 4% per tuner when recording.  I can
record 2 different shows and watch another, using about 60-70% CPU!
No IDE or PCI bus problems that I can tell.

Dave

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 19:51:22 +1100, Phill Edwards
<philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > 2) Do digital BT8x8 cards chew up CPU? I know the analogue ones do,
> > > but I thought that the digital cards just wrote the incoming MPEG2
> > > stream straight to disk which would mean very little CPU required. Am
> > > I right or delusional?
> >
> > mythbackend uses about 6% CPU on my 1GHz system while recording SD
> > using a VisionPlus card, so CPU use won't be a problem.
>
> Fantastic - I currently use around 40+% CPU per tuner with current
> analogue --> MPEG4 so this will be a big improvement.
>
> Regards,
> Phill

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.