[mythtv-users] Mythvideo first try

jason bright jaybright at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 05:25:23 UTC 2005

This is probably going to sound really stupid, but i can't get
mythvideo to work.  First time i've tried it.

My main mount point for storing video is /video.  I've made a sub
directory /video/mythvideo and set the ownership and permissions
properly. I've set that directory as the source directory in the
mythvideo settings.

Dropped a few .avi's in there - nothing. I was under the impression
that mythvideo would scan the directory on the fly and present the
choices in the UI.

The mythvideo README doesn't really have any info. I'm obviously
missing something really simple

thanks!  j