[mythtv-users] Two ugly issues with a fresh install

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Sat Mar 19 01:14:16 UTC 2005

 	For some strange reason (filesystem corruption?), my production
mythbox has sorta died.  I've taken the opportunity to reinstall from
scratch... no big feat since the old one was based on RH9 from December of
'03... :)

 	Anyway, new box with freshly installed FC3 and atrpms.  Two very
annoying issues:

1. QT/Mythtv seems hosed somehow on it's Cancel/NEXT/BACK buttons.  It
first happened when I ran setup... arrowing around and hitting enter does
*not* actually take effect as it should.  Playing around long enough, it
seems that the buttons are "off".  It's not just mythsetup, nor is it the
atrpms... the first time I tried with vanilla compiled mythtv.  For most
config screens, I need to arrow around to the *top* item and hit return to
actually go "Next."  Oh, and the Cancel/FW/NEXT  buttons are off the
screen, but it was like that before sometimes.  Maybe something about my
720x480 interlaced NTSC... but it did it with progressive 720x480 at 60 (VGA
speed) as well.  I'm stumped on this one.

2. NVidia drivers 6629 (or whatever that is).  Watching previous
recordings or livetv result in the first frame showing as a still while
the audio continues to play.  Another one I'm stumped on.

Thoughts?

-Cory