[mythtv-users] How much horse power?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Mar 18 22:25:15 UTC 2005

On Friday 18 March 2005 13:38, Larry Sanderson wrote:
> > Man, that backend is way overkill. I am running two Air2pc cards, 2
> > PVR250's and 500tb of storage on a Athlon 2400 512 megs of memory. That
> > is even more that I need. The power needs to be in the frontend.
> >
> > My frontend is a P4 3g 1gig memory NVidia 5200.
>
> Oh - I thought the power had to be in the backend.  I've been reading so
> much about this stuff recently, I must have gotten a few wires crossed.

Definitely crossed wires. Both my HD capture systems are dual PIII boxes, one
with dual 500s, one with dual 600s (all hooked to 1.5TB of storage). My HD
playback frontend is an Athlon XP 3200, 512MB of RAM and a GF FX 5200.

> By the way, does the Air2pc card perform better (or more stable) than the
> pchdtv card?

The Air2PC reportedly handles weak broadcast HD signals better than the pcHDTV
card.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com