[mythtv-users] [ G400 ] Hotwo enable flicker filters

Bernd Müller caret at gmx.de
Fri Mar 18 15:35:20 UTC 2005

Hello;

Ahhhhh, it seems to me like an enlightment in my mind. I will give the "X on TV"
  circuit an third chance (i've tried it two times before). To make sure i've
understand you correctly: The cable looks for the Matrox G400 like this:

  VGA                                                SCART

    1 -O------------------------------------------O- 15 R
    2 -O------------------------------------------O- 11 G
    3 -O------------------------------------------O-  7 B

    6 -O------------------------------------------O- 13 R Gnd
    7 -O------------------------------------------O-  9 G Gnd
    8 -O------------------------------------------O-  5 B Gnd

    5 -O-+

   11 -O-+

   10 -O------------------------------------------O- 17
  Gnd

   14 -O------------------------+
  -VS                           |

   13 -O------------------------+-----------------o- 20
  -HS                                               -CS

  5,6,7,8,Shell ------------------------------------ 5,9,13,17,21,Shell

Doing the math for the geometry and the timings should be no problem. The thing
i'm not clear about is what the flags csync, hsync, vsync, bcast and so an are
to be used for. At this point I would understand if you say RTFM  and i will do,
but maybe you can wrote some words in general. I know what the hsync and vsync
signals are for. But what will the options in the XF86Config modline will do?
A simple enable/disable?

The 736x575i modeline i wrote about is the one which is recommendet at the "X on
TV" homepage for european PAL users. I was also wondering about the resolution
but i've thought the author would know better than me what is right or not.

A seconed time: Thank you very much for help. I don't know how many hours i've
spent in configuring tv-out.

(c; bernd