[mythtv-users] MythTV Presentation - Requesting Comments/Opinions

Max Waterman davidmaxwaterman at fastmail.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 01:57:08 UTC 2005

Brad Templeton wrote:

> Myth and Tivo and the rest are
> still largely schedule oriented for non-series -- browse the movies and
> shows that are on the schedule for the next two weeks regularly, and pick
> shows to record. I wanted to reverse that -- list all the movies you
> are interested in watching, and they just show up. (Sort of like you
> might use netflicks.) But importing other people's recommendations
> goes a level beyond that so it's what I will explore next.

I used to have (actually, I still have, but I moved while it didn't) a
ReplayTV and one of the things I liked about that was the  (IIRC) Replay
Zones. I forget exactly how it worked, but it would allow me to select
*types* of shows which were similar to ones I knew I already liked. I
think it worked really nicely - but was somewhat awkward. My roommates
never used it though. I think they made more use of it to record shows
they already liked.

Max.