[mythtv-users] capturing VCR input (macrovision?)

Ajay Sharma ssharma at revsharecorp.com
Thu Mar 17 23:54:55 UTC 2005

Jon Reynolds wrote:
>>How do you do that?  I want to do that too!
>
> Ok, take the line carrying your cable/satellite hook-up and do it like so:
>
> Take the line from your provider and connect that to the 'input' of your
> cable/satellite box. From the 'output' of your cable/satellite box go to the
> input of your vcr. From the 'output' of your vcr connect to the 'input' of your
> capture card. Then turn on the vcr change the channel to 3 or 4 on Myth and you
> should see your vcr tape playing inside of "Watch LiveTV". Record that. :)
> You might need to hit the 'TV/VCR' button on the vcr.

Have you tried to copy any macrovision-protected VHS tapes?  If so, does
your capture card generate all these jacked up video files as if you
were doing a VHS->VHS copy?

My friend has been asking me to test this out for months and I haven't
gotten around to capuring video from a VCR with my PVR-250.

--Ajay