[mythtv-users] Where is Jarod's guide to automatic shutdown and restart?

John Andersen jsa at video.homelinux.org
Thu Mar 17 07:26:46 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 21:43, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 14 March 2005 04:21, Phill Edwards wrote:
> > I went looking for this as nvram-wakeup's not working for me any more
> > for some reason, and I remembered that Jarod uses wake-on-lan from
> > another machine.
>
> I think you may have me confused with someone else, I've never used WOL.
> All my boxes are just on 24x7.

Often wondered about why people are so concerned about WOL
for a myth box.  Where is Electricity so expensive that leaving it
on 24/7 is a problem?

If you turn off the monitor you kill off 80% of the electricity usage
anyway.

I've metered boxes doing nothing.  They draw squat.
Its harder on the machine being powered on and off all the
time than it is to just leave it on.

--