[mythtv-users] Can no longer start transcoding

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Mar 17 05:53:26 UTC 2005

> Thanks for the information. Do you know if I am right in my assumption that
> mythbackend starts mythtranscode when a show is ready for transcoding and that
> the database stores the information, whether a show should be transcoded or not

Transcoding jobs are queued in the jobqueue table and processed on the
backend (or any machine running mythjobqueue) by the JobQueue.  The
JobQueue checks the jobqueue table regularly looking for jobs that need
to be run and runs them.  Commercial flagging works the same way.  There
are also 4 User Jobs that can be setup to run after recordings.  These
are configurable through the backend setup program and can be turned ON/OFF
on a per scheduled recording basis via the Scheduled Recording Options
screen under the "Post Recording Processing" setting.

--

Chris