[mythtv-users] Re: Does mplayer work on frame grabbers?

Justin Gombos mindfuq at fairfieldi.com
Thu Mar 17 04:18:19 UTC 2005

* Alexander Varakin <avarakin at optonline.net> [2005-03-16 23:03]:

> But I would suggest to use myth for recording. With myth you can
> record into mpeg4 at high bit rate and then reencode into something
> better using mencoder.

Ultimately I plan to be using MythTV exclusively, but right now I'm
just looking for simple ways to troubleshoot why MythTV is not working
for me.

I'm trying to take baby steps, and right now I can't even watch a live
video of what I'm streaming to the capture card.  MythTV just shows a
blank screen, and mplayer also shows a blank screen, and scrolls i/o
errors on the terminal.  So recording and encoding are pretty much out
of the question until I at least get live tv working.