[mythtv-users] Re: MythWeb cannot access nuv files

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 00:21:16 UTC 2005

I get 403's, forbidden (using apt-get packages on FC2) when I use FF
on my backend machine.  I only just now realised *this* is also why on
my windows box, Media Player Classic is unable to open the file!

Duh!!!  And I thought I had busted something :P

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:45:47 +0000, Richard Holroyd
<rah02u at cs.nott.ac.uk> wrote:
> Does the url contain 'video_dir'? If so it is likely that you have not
> set myth up properly. This can be remedied by creating a symbolic link
> to your video directory and calling it video_dir.
> i.e.
> #ln -s /video video_url
> in the root folder for mythweb, where /video is the location containing
> your recordings. Alternativly, one of the mythweb config files allows
> you to set this, but I didn't go this route.
>
> Hope this helps
> Rich
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >   I am just trying to get MythWeb working fully.
> >
> >   Under Recorded Programmes I can see the listing and I can see the Preview
> >image (.png) but when I click on the image I get a "file not found" message.
> >
> >   For example the link is:
> >myth://192.168.1.5:6543/1011_20050315220000_20050315225500.nuv
> >
> >   I have checked config and the video directory, etc are all set correctly.
> >

> >What am I doing wrong??
> >
> >thanks,
> >Dave

> may still contain software viruses, which could damage your computer system:

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.