[mythtv-users] directv and dish network

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Wed Mar 16 22:36:08 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I just found out about mythtv and it really looks exciting. I have a number
of newbie questions...

Is it possible to use mythtv in conjunction with either directv or dish
network (or even both...?)

Can I plug in the receiver's output into the capture card and have mythtv
record the signal? If so, is it possible to pause/rewind that signal as
well?

What about control, how can mythtv control the receiver, in order to change
channels? Is mythtv capable of displaying tv guide listings for say directv
or dish, and then even tuning channels (vai controlling the receiver box)?

And, last but not least, what if I have both a dish receiver and a directv
receiver, and 2 tuner cards, is it possible to control both via mythtv? This
would indeed be awesome.

Thanks for any help,
Ricardo