[mythtv-users] Re: Live TV viewing blocked by non-existent recordings

Mark Matula mmatula at ratula.net
Wed Mar 16 21:31:50 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Justin Gombos wrote:

> exited and rebooted.  Now when I try to go into any menu, I get this
> error:
>
>   Could not connect to the master backend server -- is it running?  Is
>   the IP address set for it in the setup program correct?
>
> If I exit and run "/etc/init.d/mysql start" it reports that mysql is
> already running.  I also verified that the IP address is correct.

The error isn't telling you anout mysql, it's telling you about the
conenction (or lack thereof) to the myth backend server.  So what you should
do, instead, is "/etc/init.d/mythbackend start."  But something tells me it
doesn't like one of your settings and isn't starting.  You can check for it
with 'ps ax |grep backend'.  Also, check the backend log in
/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log or wherever yours happens to be.  It might
be grousing about something.

--
Mark Matula
Mikey, you will be missed: