[mythtv-users] X10 Lola RF remote replacement?

Joel Anderson bitjunkie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 20:22:28 UTC 2005

> Hey all,
>
> I've got the X10 "Lola" RF remote & USB receiver that I picked up a
> while back when they had the "free" (well, $5 S/H) special.  Overall
> I'm pretty happy with it, but unfortunately the little "joystick"
> button on the remote is going.  The 'left' direction has already failed
> completely, and the other directions & 'click' action seem to be
> starting to go.  So, I'm starting to look for a replacement.  I have an
> IRman receiver that I used previously, but unfortunately my new mobo
> doesn't have a built-in serial port, and I don't have any slots free in
> the case to use the serial header.  So, I'd like to continue using the
> USB receiver if possible.  It uses the lirc_atiusb module.  Does anyone
> know:
>
> - is it possible to get a replacement RF remote compatible with this
> receiver (I think it's just a re-branded ATI RF receiver?)
> - will this receiver operate over IR as well as RF (there seems to be a
> little LED/diode thingy on the front of it...)
>
> Or, would it be more cost-effective for me to get a USB-to-Serial
> adapter for my IRman, and will the IRman work that way?
>
> TIA,
> JAC

I got one of these for Christmas:
http://store.niveusmedia.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.2/it.A/id.4/.f

It's an X10 remote combined with universal IR and learning function.
I think it has ~30 key memory for learning, not a lot but enough to
fill in specific things that the device codes may lack.  Runs my myth
box and all other AV equipment quite nicely.

--
Joel