[mythtv-users] Re: Live TV viewing blocked by non-existent recordings

Justin Gombos mindfuq at fairfieldi.com
Wed Mar 16 19:52:59 UTC 2005

* John Andersen <jsa at video.homelinux.org> [2005-03-16 14:35]:

> Wrong inputs selected in the tv setup?

I'm not sure how to check for that.  I went into:

  Utilities / Setup :: Setup :: TV Settings

Is that the correct path?

>From there I went into all the branches (General, Program Guide,
Playback, Recording, Recording) and yes, "Recording" appears twice,
one of which has another "Recording" submenu.  Could not find an input
selector.

Your suggestion is giving me an idea.  If the error I'm receiving is
the same one that appears whenever there are no available inputs, it
could mean that MythTV is unaware of the one input I have.  It may not
be detecting any video capture cards, because KnoppMyth gives a boot
error stating that no multimedia video cards are found (despite the
fact that it loads the proper driver for my card and lists the card in
the lspci output).