[mythtv-users] What to do on XBox when the backend crashes

Richie Jarvis richie at helkit.com
Wed Mar 16 17:27:35 UTC 2005

Adam Gianola wrote:
> Perhaps you could borrow from Jarod's Fedora Mythtvology for how to
> make the power button do something useful.  I implemented this on my
> back/frontend and it works great to kill the front end (push power
> button one time), and then restart it (push power button a second
> time).  I have an xbox frontend setup, but no dvd remote so i can't
> try it on that.
>
> http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/tips.php
Unfortuantly, the Xbox remote doesn't have a power button :(

However, I remapped my 'Title' button to kill blackbox (which auto-restarts)

in my .lircrc file:

# Restart Mythfrontend
begin
prog = irexec
button = TITLE
repeat = 4
config = /root/restart.sh
end

in the /root/restart.sh script:
#!/bin/bash
killall blackbox

Works a treat - even my wife can use it!

Cheers,

Richie