[mythtv-users] UI widgets broken with MythTV 0.17 & Fedora's qt 3.3.4 RPM

Thom Sturgill thsturgill at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 15:54:44 UTC 2005

Thanks -
I thought that might be the case. I did an 'apt-get upgrade' and
pulled the QT updates (from atrpms?) last night and noticed the same
thing. I had to go out, so I couldn't do much testing until tonight
but I intend to back qt and qt-devel back out until I hear that MythTV
is patched to work with them.

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:47:12 -0600, Andrew Erickson <aerickson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I ran a 'yum update'  last night and it broke some buttons in the
> interface. I first noticed when I couldn't exit mythfrontend with the
> return button... alt-f1 and using the mouse worked. The button enters
> the depressed state but never does anything. All of the configuration
> screen next buttons are also broken (mythfrontend and mythsetup). The
> GUI behaved fine in the other menus including the main navigation
> menus. The buttons in the 'Watch Recordings' screens, which seem
> similar, work fine when trying to delete and set options.
>
> rpms that were installed:
> Mar 14 21:02:59 Updated: qt.i386 1:3.3.4-0.fc3.0
> Mar 14 21:03:01 Updated: qt-MySQL.i386 1:3.3.4-0.fc3.0
>
> I built mythfrontend from source and the problem still existed.
> Downgrading the rpms solved the problem...
>
> rpm -Uvh --oldpackage qt-3.3.3-8.i386.rpm qt-MySQL-3.3.3-8.i386.rpm
> ldconfig
>
> rpms are at:
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/
>
> I'm happy to have a working MythTV again, so I'm not going to
> investigate. It seem to be an issue with the Fedora qt RPM, or mythtv
> doesn't like qt 3.3.4.
>
> Andy

--Thom Sturgill