[mythtv-users] Audio distortion (hiss)

Richard Holroyd rah02u at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Wed Mar 16 15:17:48 UTC 2005

I have pretty bad distortion from my tv cards audio, resulting in
various levels of background 'hissing'. Using a wintv express, with the
patch cable to c-media cm8738 on board sound card. When passing the
audio straight through, i.e. not having myth cache the live audio
stream, it works faultlessly. However when muting and recording line in
under mixer settings i get the annoying hiss.

Any one resolved this problem?
Rich