[mythtv-users] Mythtvfrontend as a standalone system

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Wed Mar 16 10:24:26 UTC 2005

I was trying to install Mythtv yesterday night and when I compiled
mythtv-frontend, looking through the docs, I realise that I'm in over my
head on this.

I mean, I only want to use the EPIA box (M10K) as a video playing unit
and not as a recorder or anything. (in fact, I have no desire [yet] to
incorporate a backend system.)

Can myth-tv be used solely as a video-player unit?? of course with the
web-browser/music/gallery etc. in as well.

No Recording capability whatsoever.

I'm sure it can be done this way. (but googling, finding nothing
prompted me to ask in the list)

Thanks

--
Ow Mun Heng