[mythtv-users] Issues with MythTV on an SS40G

Jamin W.Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Wed Mar 16 07:27:16 UTC 2005

On Mar 6, 2005, at 4:21 PM, Jamin W.Collins wrote:

> I've been using MythTV for a while now.  Until recently, the
> installation has been in a custom built mid tower case using a
> GeForce2 GTS for output to my TV.  This worked wonderfully, and I
> suspect it still would.
>
> However, I recently freed an SS40G case from other duties and would
> like to use it for my MythTV installation.  I've moved the
> installation over to the new case and have found a few problems along
> the way.  Is anyone else here successfully using an SS40G in this
> scenario?
>
> The issues I'm seeing so far are:
> - B&W playback of videos and DVDs (when using xine)
> - inability to watch Live or Recorded TV (unless running MythTV inside
> gdb)

I think I might have been able to gather some useful logs by running
mythfrontend with "--verbose all" and capturing both a segfault and
lockup while trying to watch a small TV recording.  I've attached them
incase someone is able to deduce something useful from them.  I've
trimmed the lockup file as the last lines just kept repeating in it and
it became rather large quickly.

--
Jamin W. Collins