[mythtv-users] Re: USB MCE IR Receiver

Jim Oltman cnliberal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 02:13:29 UTC 2005

Where does this deposit the new lirc_mceusb and lirc_dev modules?  I
have only found the old versions, I think.  They say they were last
modified on March 5th.  Obviously, today is the 15th.

<snip>  From Joe Huffner

The easiest way would be
to download version 0.7.0 of lirc from www.lirc.org,
overwrite the lirc_mceusb.c file with the newer one,
compile the new version, copy the new lirc_dev.ko and
lirc_mceusb.ko over the existing lirc modules (Make
sure to make a backup copy of the original module
files). They should be located in /lib/modules/*your
kernel version*/misc/
</snip>

This is not in my FC3 load.  Can anyone tell me where these drivers
ended up?  Thanks!