[mythtv-users] PVR-250, sound problems, wrong directories

Ryan M thetrio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 22:30:25 UTC 2005

I've seen the archives on this but so far haven't had any luck.
I've followed the Jarod's guide but I can't get sound to work for my
PVR-250, sound does work on the rest of the system.  There is a lot of
talk about a msp3400.ko file not being the right version.  On my
machine the msp3400-ivtv.ko file is in a different directory.  The
regular files are at
/lib/modules/2.6.10-1.770_FC3/kernel/drivers/media/video the
msp3400-ivtv.ko along with some other files are located at
/lib/modules/2.6.10-1.770_FC3/updates/drivers/media/video.  I've tried
copying them all over to my kernel directory and renaming
msp3400-ivtv.ko to msp3400.ko and running
# /sbin/rmmod ivtv
# /sbin/depmod -a
# /sbin/modprobe ivtv
# cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test_capture.mpg
# mplayer /tmp/test_capture.mpg
but it still doesn't work.  If there is something obvious here that a
linux noob wouldn't see please tell me.  If there are any tests I can
run or config files that would help, I can post those.