[mythtv-users] Shopping for an HDTV for Myth

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Tue Mar 15 17:00:02 UTC 2005

 > What brands/technologies seem to work the best and look good as well. I'm
 > thinking of getting a DLP based TV unless someone has had a super bad
 > experience.

I have to second (third? fourth?) the Samsung suggestion.  I have the
third-generation 61" DLP RPTV, and it rocks.  I can not say enough good
things about the picture: it simply has the most natural color
saturation of any TV I've ever witnessed when viewing DVD's or HDTV.

SDTV, on the other hand, suffers with any HDTV, and this one is no
exception.  If you intend to watch lots of SDTV even after getting the
new monitor, I'd strongly recommend watching it on a smaller physical
display: either keep a crappy 27" electron gun around, or (like I do)
watch SDTV on a computer with a Myth remote frontend.  Much more
pleasant than viewing washed-out color and low resolution on a very
large display.

Cheers,
Kyle