[mythtv-users] New System Hardware Recommendations

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 17:03:37 UTC 2005

A lot of the time, I find on *nix lists/chatrooms, the only way to get
a reasonable answer (That is, one that doesn't require 300 hours worth
of digging through man pages and searching obscure keywords on old
university sites) is to start your question with "Linux sucks! In
Windows I could <insert what you want to do here> easier than
anything! Why should I bother with this back-bedroom OS anyways?",
which will usually get you 30 people giving you a nice, simple
walkthrough of what you wanted to do easily.

I admit, it's not a nice way to ask, but sometimes it's the only way
to work out what the hell's going on. I mean, whoever thought that
<ESC>wq was an intuitive way of saving a file, and a text editor that
doesn't edit 'til you put it into edit mode? Give me Nano/Pico anyday.