[mythtv-users] DVB Australia

jason bright jaybright at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 22:54:20 UTC 2005

Hello - hate to bug the list but i'm sure somebody else has hit this.

Spending the last couple of weeks getting my first myth box up and
running. Lots of struggle, but it's pretty much there now. P4, myth
0.17, fusionHDTV. DLink 802.11g

Only problem - I cannot get one channel (Nine - Melbourne) to view.
I've done the DVB autotuning in 0.17 and it finds all the channels
(actually, it has double transports and double channels for the SBS
channels, but I'm ignoring that for the moment).

But for Nine, it always fails when trying to view live TV:

2005-03-15 09:06:50.809 Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
2005-03-15 09:06:50.883 DVB#0 Recorder: Card opened successfully
(using PS mode).
2005-03-15 09:06:50.906 DVB#0 Data read from DMX - This is for
debugging with transform.c
2005-03-15 09:06:55.644 DVB#0 ERROR - Could not find dvb tuning
parameters for transport 0
2005-03-15 09:06:55.644 DVB#0 ERROR - Failed to get channel options
for channel 9.

To do the autotuning I started with a known transport (from
http://www.dba.org.au/index.asp?sectionID=22) and used 7mhz spacing.
It won't find anything if i used 'Auto'  spacing.

Now Nine has an oddball frequency 191.625Mhz. Could this be the source
of the problem?  Am I going to have to crack open the database and do
fix the channel and/or transport by hand. I can't see any way to edit
this stuff via the UI. If i do need to edit the db by hand, i'd
appreciate if anybody in Melbourne has the correct values to pass
along. I'm guessing i'll need the freq, pid's and some other bits.

Any help appreciated! This is the last piece of the puzzle (well,
besides getting the remote to work a whole lot more intuitively)....

thx!  j