[mythtv-users] MythVideo database resetting itself afteraddingsecond frontend

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Mar 14 20:31:46 UTC 2005

>>> "Darren Richards" <darren.richards at gmail.com> 03/14/05 3:22 PM >>>
>Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions.  But I do have both frontends
>pointing to the same location.  I guess the one difference is instead
>of creating a link from /mnt/dvds to /video/dvds (where I have them
>stored), I actually created the nfs mount directoy from /video/dvds
on
>my backend to  /video/dvds on my second frontend.  Maybe I'll try the
>more "correct" way of creating the mount point in /mnt and creating a
>symlink.

Not a correct way really, just the way *I* prefer to do it.  I get
confused easily, and I've been known to forget that a filesystem
is nfs mounted.  No way I can do it this way...

>But shouldn't the current setup work?  Both frontends are pointing to
>/video/dvds.  That never changes, and I can always watch the movies
>from either front end, but the database info keeps getting reset
>whenever I bring up the video manager...
>
>Thanks again,
>darren

It should work.  If both frontends (local and remote) are pointing
to the exact same path, all should be fine.  What you described
certainly sounded like one was over-writing the other.

Did you try to enter the IMDB stuff on the remote frontend, or
just the local frontend?  When you did this, did you look in the
mythconverg database to see exactly how the video was
being seen by that frontend?

Paul