[mythtv-users] BT87x and sound

jwalls110 at comcast.net jwalls110 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 14 19:20:45 UTC 2005

I have been looing for weeks to finish up my Myth box, it was running fine with a single WinTV-Go card and on board audio (intel 810 based).

I added a second WinTV card and thats when the problems started.

I would like to get both cards running ( I get video now, no audio) with the snd_bt87x module for audio.

My questions, if you would be kind enough to help me:

How do you  configure the snd_bt87x module to serve 2 WinTV cards?

Do you still need an audio card for each video card?

Will I only get sound through the TV, not through the Audio speakers connected to the Audio card (for testing purposes).

This is by far the hardest part of this project, and I have searched and read lots of instructions, but can't quite put it all together.

My system:
Xeon 2.4GHz
Tyan Tiger i7505 Mobo
Intel ICH4 audio