[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV out problem

Rei Toi rei_toi at walkingmountain.com
Mon Mar 14 17:23:41 UTC 2005

Noob chiming in here...

I had a similar issue, about 40 or so horizontal lines were being
displayed as I went through the modprobe tests.

(BTW, thanks Jarod!  Your guide was a tremendous help to me...)

This part from the guide worked for me:

"If you got video, but there were like 20 to 50 evenly spaced horizontal
lines overlaying it, try tweaking the ivtv-fb driver with this command:

/usr/bin/ivtvfbctl /dev/fb1 -alpha -on -globalalpha -nolocalalpha

Then run the dd test again, and with luck, the picture will look like it
should."

Obviously, you should change fb1 to whatever frame buffer your card
grabbed...