[mythtv-users] MythVideo database resetting itself after adding second frontend

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 14 15:33:03 UTC 2005

Donavan Stanley wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 23:47:43 -0700, Darren Richards
><darren.richards at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?
>>

>If the Videos don't exist in the same place of the other machine the
>video manager will remove them from the database since it thinks they
>no longer exist.  Likewise, if the videos exist but you haven't
>properly set up the video directory in the settings. Current CVS will
>prompt you for permission before doing so, but the behavior is
>essentially the same.

I've been wrestling a similar problem with a new frontend as well.
Everything works fine after I mounted the backends media directory into
the same place on the frontend as it is on the backend.  Here's the
issue, the backend is usually off, it uses nvram to wake-up record then
goes back off.  If I turn on the frontend it uses wake-on lan to wake
the backend, that works 80% of the time.  Problems is that the
directory that's mapped that contains all the media (videos, music,
games, etc) doesn't get mapped during the frontend bootup, because the
backend has not completely started yet.  So I'll either have to ssh in
and mount it manually, or restart the frontend.  Any suggestions on how
to have the mount command executed after the backend is known to be
fully operational (frontend connected to backend), or try to mount in
some interval until it does get mounted?  The backend only takes about
30 seconds to get up.  I was planning to write a script of some sort,
just hadn't gotten around to it yet.  Hopefully someone has had a
similar issue and has found a solution.

Thanks.

Calvin