[mythtv-users] MythVideo database resetting itself after addingsecond frontend

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Mar 14 12:36:14 UTC 2005

>>> "Darren Richards" <darren.richards at gmail.com> 03/14/05 1:47 AM >>>
>After running the front and back end from one box very
>successfully for over a year, I decided to add another front end.
>Everything has gone smoothly, with one exception.  If I try to edit
>the video information through the Video Manager on one frontend,
>it resets the database for the other one.  So I can't seem to have the

>video information (covers, descriptions, etc) for both frontends
>simultaneously.  I  hope this makes sense.

Ooh!  Finally I can help with something!  Both frontends need to
point to the *exact* same location.  If you're like me where one of
your frontends is also your backend and where the videos are
stored, just create a symlink from the real directory to where
the other frontend mounts the videos and the change the location
of where the frontend on the backend mounts the videos like so:

Backend/Local frontend
Real location: /videos
Symlinked: /videos -> /mnt/videos

Remote frontend:
Mounted location: /mnt/videos

All frontends need to know about where the video locations
are because the path to the videos and the associated
IMDB stuff (covers, director, summary) is coded into
the mythconverg database.

<snippety>

>Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

Nope, I  don't think this is specifically documented anywhere.
If it is, I missed it.  I'll go looking for it in a bit.

>Thanks,
>-darren

No problemo!  Happy Mything!

Paul