[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase does not complete

Krunoslav Pisacic k.pisacic at vip.hr
Mon Mar 14 09:47:53 UTC 2005

I have observed similar with Celeron 500Mhz and RivaTNT card. I am trying to play mpeg2 from PVR250, and from DVB-S card - so i
thing this don directly applies to your case of divx playing.

First, i had FC1 + myth 0.16 installed. In myth player I had allmost fluid picture - almost usable. Using mplayer as player of nuv
files picture was fine.

Then i had FC3 installed + myth 0.16 installed. Picture was way of fluid - it was incredible jerky - far from being usable. mplayer
picture was still fine.

Then i have heard of 0.17 and libmpeg2 decoding, which basicaly uses mplayer-style decoder in internal mythtv player - i have tried
it, and it is really better.
However i am still not using this combination because of some DVB issues i have with 0.17.

So in theory your combo should be able to play this.

br,

k.