[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth and filesystem types

Joe Barnhart joebarnhart at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 08:00:20 UTC 2005

--- Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson at cox.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know why KM prefers ext3 for /myth
> instead of xfs?

They install XFS in their version of Debian, and they
even compile it in the kernel for their R5 alpha
release.  The only thing they DON'T do install it by
default. (And I'm working on them for that!)

When I install KM I like to re-do the /myth filesystem
with LVM and XFS.  It's the cat's whiskers for HDTV
users.  You really appreciate it when you delete a
football game (20G) and *blink* it's gone!

> Also, will KM be able to auto-install to SATA drives
> any time soon?

Dunno on this one.  No SATA drives here (yet).  Maybe
if you send Cecil a 300G SATA drive to play with...
;-)