[mythtv-users] MythVideo database resetting itself after adding second frontend

Darren Richards darren.richards at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 06:47:43 UTC 2005

After running the front and back end from one box very successfully
for over a year, I decided to add another front end.  Everything has
gone smoothly, with one exception.  If I try to edit the video
information through the Video Manager on one frontend, it resets the
database for the other one.  So I can't seem to have the video
information (covers, descriptions, etc) for both frontends
simultaneously.  I  hope this makes sense.

I'm able to still watch the videos.  It's just the information in the
database that is getting corrupted.  I'm logging into the mysql
database as a different user from the remote frontend...  But whenever
I enter the Video Manger from one frontend, all the video information
on the other frontend is reset.

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

Thanks,
-darren