[mythtv-users] remote control problems

Ross Simpson simpsora at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 06:31:47 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to finalize my mythtv setup, and I'm almost done.  Mythtv
is working great, I just need to get the remote controller working.

I'm using mythtv 0.17 on an xbox frontend (gentoox) with the MS stock
xbox remote and dongle.  I followed one of the seemingly endless
number of howto's out there, and got lirc 0.6.6 installed and running.
 irw shows that lirc is receiving the correct keypresses from the
remote.

However, mythfrontend doesn't seem to be responding to the remote.  I
have a usb keyboard connected, and I can control myth with that, but
the remote just doesn't seem to do anything.

I've tried removing the xpad kernel module without any success.

The myth user has .lircrc in its home dir.. see below.

Any thoughts on what might be going wrong, or other troubleshooting
ideas I can try?
I can't wait to sit back and use it, but it's a pain going up to the
kb every time i want to pause or ff :)

Thanks for any help..
ross

###
# lircrc for MythTV, mPlayer and Xine by ShALLaX
###

# Up
begin
        prog = mythtv