[mythtv-users] Broadcast problems?

Scott Matheson smatheson at mac.com
Sun Mar 13 20:49:43 UTC 2005

Yup- strange. In my situations, the AC3 currently goes from my cable
STB (coax) to the surround processor. In both cases, It sees all six
channels, but the wrong audio is on the channels so it's either the
cable co, the local affiliate or the network. An incorrectly set
routing switcher or an un-flipped switch or a bcast master with audio
on the wrong channels... who knows... someone should be checking in the
various control rooms, though.

> I mean the only reason you would be able to get background and no
> dialog is if the program is coming in ac-3 and the center channel is
> missing, either strangely at the station or at your end.

Scott