[mythtv-users] Re: Mythmusic and directory listing issues after upgrade

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 16:00:52 UTC 2005

> If you are not familiar with MySQL probably the easiest way to check that
> your music files have been imported properly is to play a track then press
> the
> I or INFO key to display the metadata editor. If the values you see in the
> editor
> for artist, album, track etc are correct you know the track info has been
> imported
> correctly into the database. If they don't match up could you post an
> example to
> help track the problem down.

They do not match up. It seems to be dropping the Album field,
shifting the Title into the Album field, and shifting the Genre into
the Title field. Here's the metadata for the example I used before:

Artist: Buddy Guy
Album: Damn Right I've Got the Blues [the name of track 1]
Title: Blues [genre]
Genre: Unknown
Year: 0
Length: 00:00

The filename is
/mnt/hdb6/media/audio/Blues/Buddy_Guy/Best_of/01_Damn_Right_I've_Got_the_Blues.ogg

* Note: as I recall, I entered this one in manually and so I wouldn't
have put a year in. I think the length used to be displayed
automatically, but I don't remeber for sure.

I tried changing tree sorting to 'spitartist artist album title' and
the result was much the same. Selecting music would give me:

All My Music -> Artist (sort) -> Artist -> Track -> Genre  [where the
last selection would be a single-item list of "00 ~ Blues'.

I looked at a couple of other records and they all show the same format.

The Filename Format field is: /GENRE/ARTIST/ALBUM/TRACK_TITLE.

The directory to hold music is: /mnt/hdb6/media/audio.
ID3 Ignore is selected.

> What file types are you using, I guess from your example .ogg. Are all your
> files the same file type. If not does the problem happen with all file types
> that
> you use?

The files are a mix of ogg and mp3, but the result is the same for
both formats. There is no problem seeing them or playing them, only
displaying the data correctly.

All the media is on a second hard drive that was not connected during
the MythTV installation. Once the istallation was complete and the
second drive mounted, Myth had no problem seeing the music and filling
the database. I also have a number of video files on the same
secondary hard drive, but populating the video database was no problem
at all.

Thanks again