[mythtv-users] Some Fedora Myth(TV)ology notes...

Paul Bender pbender at qualcomm.com
Sun Mar 13 15:30:56 UTC 2005

Jarod Wilson wrote:

>>>No clue there. I don't watch live TV. :-)
>>
>>Actually, it's for recorded programs.  I don't watch live TV either...
>

> Huh. I've taken a look at some of those myself. Exactly why it is seemingly
> only happening with the latest kernels and then only to some people, I dunno.
> I'm running the latest kernel on just about all my boxes, no ill effects...

I suspect it may have to do with the interaction between backend and
frontend hardware.

For my backend, I use FC3 running on a P4 2.4GHz HT with 3 PVR-250
cards. For my frontend, I use MiniMyth running on an EPIA ME6000.

Until I reverted to an earlier FC3 kernel (version 681_FC3), my system
had bad stuttering with both live and recorded. With the earlier FC3
kernel, it has occasional stuttering with live and no stuttering with
recorded.

In addition, there have been reported problems with XvMC on nVIDIA.
Therefore, it is possible that the EPIA ME6000's use of XvMC VLD may
contribute to the problem.