[mythtv-users] Some Fedora Myth(TV)ology notes...

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 09:01:21 UTC 2005

Jarod,

I have to say that when I've followed your guide, I've
had pretty good results (a very big thank you for
compiling that information!).

On my system, I get pre-buffering pauses about every
half-hour, and always a couple of them very quickly
just after starting watching LiveTV (though I don't
seem to notice any when playing back previously
recorded shows).  However, I suspect that this is my
underlying cable system - I haven't brought home a
cable analyzer from work yet, but my cable modem is
showing me some pretty pathetic numbers in terms of an
upstream value (39 dBmV, which isn't too bad) and the
SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) (29.4, it should be at
least 35).

Right now, I'm running 2.6.10-1.760_FC3 with no
ill-effects, other than that XvMC just doesn't want to
work at all (I either get massive stuttering, or the
image just freezes).  Not a big deal, since I don't
need it, but I was playing around with some of the
solutions in that MX4000 thread.

-- Joe