[mythtv-users] Re: Shopping for an HDTV for Myth

Brad mythtv at braddolman.com
Sun Mar 13 06:17:38 UTC 2005

A friend of mine has a 46" (I believe) Samsung DLP. It seems pretty
damn good. He doesn't have a Myth setup (yet!), but we pumped some HD
recordings to it from his Mac and it looked awesome. I find the
whites too be too bright but I'm not sure if that's a setting that he
has cranked up somewhere. If they weren't so damn expensive, I'd
think of getting one too. (they aren't expensive comared to other
HDTVs, just my budget ;-)

I think Samsung only has one line of DLP projector TVs now, so it
shouldn't be hard to find.

Also, have you considered just getting a projector? The quality seems
to be quite high now. They are cheaper than a TV and if you are
matching it up with a Myth system you don't need the tuner and such
anyway. Just a thought.

Cheers,
Brad