[mythtv-users] Shopping for an HDTV for Myth

Shawn Willden shawn-myth at willden.org
Sun Mar 13 04:45:26 UTC 2005

Jack Heneghan wrote:

> I have a Samsung DLP with DVI and VGA interfaces along with a number
> of Component, S-video and composite inputs.  I am still in the process
> of acquiring the mythTV components , but I have used it as a PC
> monitor and it works very well.  A 50 monitor  can be a bit
> overwhelming , the wireless keyboard certainly helps.

I have the same TV, the 50" Samsung DLP, hooked up via DVI to an nVidia
5200FX in a Debian Linux box running MythTV.  It looks great and has no
problems with overscan that I can tell.  I've also connected it to my
computer via the VGA cable (before my DVI cable came), and have a DVD
player attached through component video.  Everything works very well.

Highly recommended.

    Shawn.