[mythtv-users] LiveTV jerky on FC3

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Sun Mar 13 04:37:25 UTC 2005

gerhard aldorf wrote:

> Hi,
> I installed mythtv .17 on FC3 from scratch following Jarods guide.
> LiveTV is very jerky  and pauses every 2-3 seconds. recorded programs
> work ok This is on my test system. with two screens and one  PVR 250
>
> mplayer -vo xv /dev/video0 works fine after a reboot but behaves the
> same way as mythtv after I run mythtv.
> Can anyone please tell me on what could be wrong here.
> Thank's
> Gerhard

I (and many others) have the same problem. My system will hard freeze as
well sometimes because of this. Everytime there is a 'prebuffering
pause' message, the video/audio hiccups. The only fix I found was to
disable XvMC, which is disappointing since it really kept the CPU usage
down. But at least I can watch TV without it burping every few seconds.

Tom