[mythtv-users] Is mythTV ready for prime time?

jonr jonr at destar.net
Sun Mar 13 01:29:00 UTC 2005

Justin Gombos wrote:
> After fighting with database issues on Suse 9.1, I switched to
> KnoppMyth, which supposedly auto-installs all the prereqs and sets up
> the database.  Yet it "cannot connect to the master backend
> database."
>
> I'm throwing in the towel.  Looking at the archives of this list, it
> appears that this tool is still packed with gotchas, one complication
> after another.  Does anyone else share the same thoughts, or am I just
> having unusual difficulties?

My first attempt to install myth was using Jarods guide w/ FC2,pvr350,
amd1800XP and nvidia geforce2. When I got to the end of the guide I had
myth running...almost. :) I had to change the ivtv driver because of A/V
synch problems but thats not a myth problem. Try that route and see if
your luck changes.

Jon