[mythtv-users] Cleaning up the channels DB

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sun Mar 13 00:43:03 UTC 2005

Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
> David Whyte wrote:
>
>> In my upgrade to 0.17 I really screwed things up!  In the end I delted
>> the channels and set them up again, but not in the exact same way.
>>
>> Now, I am trying to add ABC2 (a new aussie channel) but it is picking
>> up the data for a channel which I cannot tune (SBS) and so generally
>> hide.
>
> [trimmed]
>
> I have the same problem. Having upgraded 0.16 - 0.17 I ended up with
> different 'chanid's. I cleaned everything up but after mythfilldatabase
> I get 5 new analog channels added. I have no idea why

I figured why I get this. tv_grab_au has a hard-coded source, so it is
fetching the same data for analog and digital (I have both tuners). I
modified the script to adjust the source based on the --configure-file
argument and now I do not get the stray channels generated.

My understanding is that if a channel is found in the guide data which
does not match any channel (in the SQL table 'channel') then a new
channel entry is created. I am not sure though.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.org/eyal/>
	attach .zip as .dat