[mythtv-users] New System Hardware Recommendations

David myth at dgreaves.com
Sat Mar 12 23:34:39 UTC 2005

John M. Luker wrote:

> Dewey Smolka wrote:
>
>> Easy, tiger. Let's all try to be civil here, OK?
>> The more specific you make your question, the easier it is for people
>> to help you; the easier it is, the more people will be willing to help
>> you.
>>

> Dewey:
>
> Thanks for the considerate reply. Perhaps I should have lurked longer
> :) I'll try to be much more specific in the future. Thanks, J.

eek - yep!

Pay attention to smileys - they mean someone's not _trying_ to be an PITA!
In this case I was throwing in a quick, pointed, and slightly humourous
(I thought) newbie response to avoid you being hit by some of the
blunter ones you could have gotten!

So, try this page too - the wiki's got quite a bit of info:
  http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/HardWare

And, to show there's no bad, why don't you think about what you want to
do, keep some notes and as you start to answer the questions you can
populate a "Real Beginners Guide to Myth" on the wiki? If you contribute
back like that then everyone will know that you weren't just being lazy
and expecting other people to hand you the answers ;)

David